For the next two months we will focus on our Sharing The Planet Unit. We will continue to inquire into our connection with nature and our responsibilities towards it.
Central idea : People discover and learn through nature.
Lines of Inquiry that will define the scope of our inquiry into the central idea:
- what nature is…
- how we explore and discover in nature
- responsibilities we have towards nature
Learner Profile Attributes: Inquirers, Caring, Risk-takers
Our Approach to learning will focus on observing nature and recording the changes we notice. Students will be encouraged to use all senses to find and notice relevant details and record their observations by drawing and note taking.
We will continue to have a lense of Systems Thinking while exploring our relationships with nature.
Students’ Learning Goals:
- I can state why an object is nature or not and explain my thinking
- I can spot systems in nature
- I can name ways nature helps me
- I can name ways I help nature
- I can name responsibilities I have towards my pet/plant
Ways you can help:
- Let your child build his/her own theory of what nature is.
- Spend some time outside exploring nature with your child.
- Let your child have responsibilities towards a pet or a plant at home.
- Watch the Eagles with your child and talk about what he/she notices.
Explore through Nature!
Yours in Learning,
The Pre-K Team