Who We Are
Pre-K is beginning our first unit in which students will inquire into how people in a community discover and learn, make choices, and develop independence. The unit will last for the entire school year.
Through literature and learning engagements in the classroom, educators will be guiding each child’s inquiry into:
- How we discover and learn
- How can we develop independence as learners
- How we learn together as a community
How can you help your child?
- Please send a family photo via email to your child’s teacher as soon as you can! It would be nice if you can also include a little blurb about your family traditions. Thank you in advance.
- Help your child to become aware of his or her new capabilities – helping them to see how they have grown and what they can now do, that they couldn’t do before.
- Encourage your child to ‘keep trying’ when they find something difficult to do, promoting independence and new skills – we work at our learning.
- Arrange some play dates for your child, helping him/her to develop skills at making and negotiating friendships.
- Share any stories with your child of times that you have learned something new – demonstrating that you have flexible thinking and resilience.
- Keep discussing your child’s learning engagements in class using Google Photos shared by your teacher.
We look forward to continued work together with you and your child throughout this unit!
Yours in learning,
The Pre-K Team