On Thursday, June 13th, the Elementary School will host our annual Support Staff Appreciation Lunch to show thanks to those in our community whose important work often occurs behind the scenes. The guests of this lunch are not teachers. They are employees of AAS who support our efforts in the classroom, from the drivers who bring your children to school, to the cleaning staff who ensure the school is neat and tidy.
The success of this event is directly dependent on the food donations from each family at each grade level, but a little donation by all will send a big message to our support staff. Below is a list of classes and food items each family is asked to bring. Each food contribution should serve 6-8 portions. Please label your serving dishes (each part) and utensils so we can ensure they are returned to you.
Class and Item:
- Pre-Kindergarten – Individually wrapped chocolates
- Kindergarten – Fresh Bread such as rolls, buns or baguettes
- Grade 1 – Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes Pastries
- Grade 2 – Savories (for example spring rolls or other finger-foods)
- Grade 3 – Sliced Fresh Fruits Vegetable plates and dip
- Grade 4 – Salads: Pasta, Garden, Greek, Potato, Coleslaw or other
- Grade 5 – Sliced cheeses or meats (deli style)
Please bring the above items on the morning of June 13th.