Google has recently added a feature to Classroom that allows parents/guardians to receive a daily or weekly email summary of their student’s class details. It consolidates information from all classes into one message, and it is automated so that teachers do not have to send it manually.
The email will include:
- Missing work—Work that’s late at the time the email was sent
- Upcoming work—Work that’s due today and tomorrow (for daily emails) or work that’s due in the upcoming week (for weekly emails)
- Class activity—Announcements, assignments, and questions recently posted by teachers
Teachers need to do two things:
- After you have created all of your classes, in the Student section of Classroom, the teacher must activate the Guardian Email Summaries. After all of your students are enrolled, the parent email addresses will be added for you.
- Use Google Classroom often! Make announcements, post assignments, pose questions, and check to see that student work is turned in.
Here’s what parents/guardians will see:
Parents will receive instructions for subscribing from AAS soon. They can always choose to unsubscribe if they do not wish to receive so much information.