Here’s our weekly update:
1. Personal Safety: This past week and next week we are joined by Mrs. Hinton who discusses personal safety, consent, safe adults and safe words with our students. We encourage you to continue this important conversation at home and review what steps your child should take if they are in an uncomfortable and not safe situations.
2. Math: We are wrapping up Unit Two with end of unit tests. We will be starting Unit Three ‘Addition and Subtraction of Fractions’. You can find helpful math tips for the new unit G5 Unit 3 Tips for Parents.
3. Language: Students are working on reading and writing their own non-fiction articles, and discussing their progress and findings in class.
4. UoI: Students are selecting and preparing experiments to recreate that focus on how different objects move when influenced by various forces (like gravity, friction and electromagnetic forces).
Thank you all for seeing us for the Parent-Student-Teacher Conferences these past few days. We look forward to continue supporting our students together.
5. Tuesday begins our B rotation. Students will be swimming. 5FS starts swimming on Tuesday.
Grade 5 Team