The Grade 4 Team is looking forward to a great year with your child! We would like to highlight the following items as school starts.
- On the first day of school, students should arrive at their classrooms between 8:25 – 8:30 am.
- After the first day of school, students who arrive before 8:20 am should go to the playground until the morning bell rings. (before 9:05 am on late start)
- The playground will be supervised from 8:00 am (8:50 am on Wednesdays).
- A bell will be rung on the playground at 8:25 am (late Start – 9:10 am). This is a signal for the children to line up.
- Instruction begins immediately. Please be on time. Students will be counted as tardy after 8:30 am (9:15 am on Wednesdays).
- Call the office at 231-4482 before 9:00 am to report your child’s absence.
- If your child will arrive after 8:30 am, go directly to the office to report tardiness and collect a late pass before your child joins the class. This ensures that your child will be marked tardy rather than absent.
- Please provide a healthy snack and a spill-proof water bottle daily. Fruit, vegetables, cheese, juice and yoghurts/yoghurt drinks are a few suggestions.
- Note that microwaving and refrigeration are not available.
- Payments can be made through the school website.
- Clearly label your child’s uniform with their name and class.
- PE Uniform – red AAS PE top and bottom (navy blue or black shorts/tracksuit). Children will have PE two times per week, beginning the first week of school.
- We go outside at least twice a day every day. Individual children may not stay indoors during recess if everyone else is outdoors. Please prepare your child for our changeable Moscow weather by sending appropriate outdoor clothing, including rain gear and boots when needed.
- Each child is requested to have a pair of “indoor shoes” to be kept at school.
- “Indoor shoes” are worn in the school building and should be non-slip and suitable for PE. No sandals, please.
- “Outdoor shoes” are worn when arriving and departing, during recess and outdoor PE activities. They should be suitable for the weather.
- This year three languages are on offer to your child: Russian, French or Spanish. They will have three World Language lessons per week. If you are a new family, please choose which language you would like your child to learn and let me know.
- Swimming will start the first week with safety walkthroughs. Please read the attached letter from the Aquatics Department. We will need a few parents each week to help with changing. More information will be provided.
Students will be dismissed at 3:30 pm.
- Please make sure that we know who will be picking up your child or if he/she is riding a bus.
- Please note that the learning space outside the classrooms is for student use and there will often be groups occupying this space up to the end of the day. This is not a pick up zone.
- Please be prompt in meeting your child after school to avoid undue anxiety on the part of your child. Have a plan for where to meet. After 3:40 pm children who have not been picked up will be taken to the office.
- Please write a note (paper or e-mail) if there are any changes in dismissal routine. If written notice is not received, your child will not be permitted to leave with anyone but the designated driver, nanny or parent. Thank you!
We are looking forward to a fun year of learning together in Fourth Grade!
The Grade 4 Team