My name is Kirby Boychuk and I am proud to be the Athletics Director at the Anglo-American School of Moscow. Myself and the Aquatics Staff (Dmitry Demin, Alexey Shegay, Tatiana Goncharenko, Yulia Tregubova and David Ismailov) are looking forward to the school year and having the students in the swimming pool.
Pre-Kindergarten – 5th Grade students will be given an orientation of the swimming pool during for their first swimming lesson of the school year.. Students need to be ready to get into the water for swimming classes for their second swimming lesson of the school year. Please note your child’s weekly swimming class on his/her individual class schedule provided by the teacher.
Swimming is a required part of the elementary curriculum. Parents need to familiarize themselves with the new ES 6 Day (Week A/B) schedule in order to ensure your child is prepared for swimming on their specific day.
- Swimming “kits” should include:
- swim suit (one piece for girls)
- A swim cap is recommended for those with long hair
- Pool shoes (flip-flops or crocs). For health and safety reasons, swimmers are required to wear proper deck shoes in the locker room and on the pool deck.
- Other Needs
- Please label all personal swimming gear with your child’s name.
- Swimmers with hair long enough to be tied back are required to use a hair tie or a swim cap.
- AAS Swim Program Objectives
- allow students to become comfortable and more confident in and around the water.
- learn basic water safety,
- lead the students through a variety of water games and activities,
- have fun and enjoy the water.
- Basic swimming techniques and strokes will also be taught throughout the year.
Our swimming instructors are American Red Cross certified and all have experience and extensive knowledge in teaching swimming. In addition, swimming classes will be under the supervision of an American Red Cross-certified Lifeguard at all times.
Feel free to contact me for additional questions regarding our program.
Kirby Boychuk M.AA., M.Ed.
Note: Your child’s 4th grade teacher will be letting you know his/her swimming day.