During the week of October 7th-11th, the entire school will have various ways to celebrate the 70th anniversary of AAS (the school was founded in 1949). One of the ways that the elementary school students will celebrate is by dressing up each day in clothing from the designated decades in the school’s history.
Here are the decades that the students may dress up as each day:
- Monday (Oct. 7th): 1940s and 1950s
- Tuesday (Oct. 8th): 1960s and 1970s
- Wednesday (Oct. 9th): Pinktober (dress up in anything pink to bring attention to cancer)
- Thursday (Oct. 10th): 1980s and 1990s
- Friday (Oct. 11th): 2000s and 2010s
If students do not wish to participate in the dress up days, they must wear their regular school uniform.