Unit of Inquiry
We are finishing up our STP unit. Some classes are busy working on their summative assessments. Students have been doing a wonderful job with their inquiries.
We will be starting our next unit of Inquiry in the next couple of weeks. The central Ideal of this unit is People create products that go through a process before they are consumed or used.
The lines of inquiry for this unit are:
- the origin and process products go through
- the impact of the consumption of product
- the systems and organization involved from origin to consumption
- how we can create a product
After the immersion activities, our writers were excited to go back to their classrooms and apply what they’ve learned from their rotations. They were given freedom to write their opinion on topics of their choice. This week, some classes have started writing Book Reviews on their favorite books. We can’t wait to share them with you!
Grade 2 students are also learning about the different reading strategies to make meaning of what they are reading. Our Author Study unit in Reading has been a hit to our awesome second grade readers.
- Text Connections
- Making Predictions
- Inferring/Context Clues
These are some of the questions we’ve been focusing on answering this week
- Why do some numbers have more than one digit?
- How are the ones, tens, and hundreds related?
- How can we express a large number in different ways?
- How can I count effectively and efficiently?
Here’s what we’ll be focusing on next week: G2 Unit 3 Topic B Newsletter
Reminder: Three Way Conferences is coming up next week, November 22nd. Please be sure to sign up for it. Students should come to school in their formal uniform.
PTO Book Fair
AAS PTO New Book Fair 2018
During the week preceding the fair, teachers will send home zip bags for students to take home with instructions for parents. Parents are invited to place money in the bag and to return it to school.
Opening hours of the New Book Fair:
- Tuesday 4th of December 10 am – 5 pm
- Wednesday 5th of December 8.15 am – 5 pm
- Thursday 6th of December 8.15 am – 5 pm
Your child’s teacher will let you know the day/date the class will be going to the fair.