The First Semester Report Card will focus on the Curriculum Standard ‘Create’ (See National Core Art Standards). Considering the challenges we faced last semester, we were very pleased to see that artists will be artists, no matter what! The Create Standard is about ‘conceiving and developing new artistic ideas and work’. This includes:
- the exploration and safe use of materials and tools
- discovering procedures
- idea generation and expansion on ideas
- on-going reflection and evaluation
- giving, receiving, and acting on feedback
This came in many forms across grade levels.
- Kindergarten: explored collage and printmaking through observation of artists Mondrian and Kandinsky
- First Grade: explored printmaking, and use of sculpture to tell stories about ourselves, and the observation of art elements of color, line and shape through illustrations by Eric Carle
- Second Grade: painting exploration of the art elements of line, color and pattern through observations of the work of Friedrich Hundertwasser
- Third Grade: Exploration of symmetry, and radial symmetry and practising basic printmaking methods and procedures
- Fourth Grade: Exploration of the art element of form, though various construction methods
- Fifth Grade: Exploration of the art elements of positive and negative space, texture and color through printmaking, embossing, collage or digital art.
Please enjoy our KG to Gr 5 Art Gallery below.